As faith Outfitters, we strive to equip children with friends in God's family, adventures in God's word, images of God's love, trust in God's promises, and hearts and hands for God's world.
Children and family ministry includes Sunday School, faith milestones, summer camps and family-friendly service options. For information, contact Marie Baker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Children and Family Current Events
March 31 or April 4, 2020
Click here to learn about our 2020 communion preparation workshop for children and parents.
Saturday, February 22, 9am - noon
Come and get some winter wiggles out. Join us at Resurrection for bouncy house fun and breakfast (coffee, juice and donuts). Dads, this might be the perfect thing to do with the kids while mom is away at the Women's Retreat!!
There is no charge for this event, but if you so desire a free-will donation is appreciated. Please contact Marie Baker to learn more.
Saturday, February 29, 6-7:30pm
Faith Outfitters invites 3rd - 5th graders to join us as we dive in and explore the Bible with a scavenger hunt at church! This is a continuation of the Bible Expedition that was held in the fall. Please RSVP by February 23 to Marie Baker.
Guided Hands is an ongoing ministry of drama, music, and puppetry, for youth in grades 5-12, with adult involvement opportunities. Participants lead Sunday School on a regular basis, perform at area nursing homes, and offer engaging educational outreach within, and beyond Resurrection. To learn more or get involved contact Micki Fredin.
Sunday School programming is offered for children 3 years through grade 5 on Sunday mornings at both the 9 am and 10:30 am worship hours. Registration materials are available at church or register here.
Walk with your child/children through faith milestones. We offer several half-day workshops for parents and children including communion preparation, Bible exploration, and much more. See "current events" above for details or to register.
- Prayers & PJs – January
K-2nd grade children, with a parent, enjoy a few prayer stations and take home a new SPARK Psalm book
- Trek to the Table – March
Spring parent-child workshop for 3rd-4th graders before receiving first communion
- SPARK Bible Presentation – Spring
Gift of a preschool story Bible to families with 3-5 year olds
- Hunt for Easter – Spring
Area scavenger hunt, to member homes, for families to work through the stories of Holy Week
- Bible Expedition ~ November (Bible Expedition II ~ Winter)
Fun parent-child evening of learning stations, finishing with 3rd-4th graders selecting a new Bible
- ADVENTure ~ First Sunday of Advent
Family dinner, crafts, and devotional time to help children observe Advent at home
Camps and Retreats
Options range from our Vacation Bible Adventure and 4-Square day camp to offsite weekend and weeklong summer camps for students (2nd through 12th grade), families and intergenerational groups.
- Rocky Railroad Vacation Bible Adventure ~ June 8-11, see details and register here
- 4-Square Day Camp ~ 4 days in July for 2nd - 5th graders
- Wilderness Canoe Base Family Camp ~ July 9-12, learn more here
- Camp WAPO Family Camp ~ June 5-7 and August 14-16, Registration opens January 15. Two options, both led by camp staff.
- Wapo One Day ~ 1st-4th graders try camp for a day during Resurrection's camp week, August 5. Register here.
- SEEDS Weekend at WAPO ~ Students completing grades 2 and 3, July 31-August 2, Registration opens January 15.
- Youth Camp at WAPO ~ Students completing grades 4 and older, August 2-7, Registration opens January 15.