As faith Outfitters, we strive to equip children with friends in God's family, adventures in God's word, images of God's love, trust in God's promises, and hearts and hands for God's world.
Children and family ministry includes Sunday School, faith milestones, summer camps and family-friendly service options. For information, contact Marie Baker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Children and Family Current Events
Sunday, December 15, 10:30 a.m.
People of all generations are invited to be a part of our Christmas Musical, "God So Loved The World". There are many ways to participate in the annual Christmas production (see the list) To express interest and sign up please email Shelly Domke or Marie Baker by November 10, 2019.
Guided Hands is an ongoing ministry of drama, music, and puppetry, for youth in grades 5-12, with adult involvement opportunities. Participants lead Sunday School on a regular basis, perform at area nursing homes, and offer engaging educational outreach within, and beyond Resurrection. To learn more or get involved contact Micki Fredin.
Sunday School programming is offered for children 3 years through grade 5 on Sunday mornings at both the 9 am and 10:30 am worship hours. Registration materials are available at church or register here.
Walk with your child/children through faith milestones. We offer several half-day workshops for parents and children including communion preparation, Bible exploration, and much more. See "current events" above for details or to register.
- Prayers & PJs – January
K-2nd grade children, with a parent, enjoy a few prayer stations and take home a new SPARK Psalm book
- Trek to the Table – March
Spring parent-child workshop for 3rd-4th graders before receiving first communion
- SPARK Bible Presentation – Spring
Gift of a preschool story Bible to families with 3-5 year olds
- Hunt for Easter – Spring
Area scavenger hunt, to member homes, for families to work through the stories of Holy Week
- Bible Expedition ~ November (Bible Expedition II ~ Winter)
Fun parent-child evening of learning stations, finishing with 3rd-4th graders selecting a new Bible
- ADVENTure ~ First Sunday of Advent
Family dinner, crafts, and devotional time to help children observe Advent at home
Camps and Retreats
Options range from our Vacation Bible Adventure and 4-Square day camp to offsite weekend and weeklong summer camps for students (2nd through 12th grade), families and intergenerational groups.
- Rocky Railroad Vacation Bible Adventure ~ June 8-11
- 4-Square Day Camp ~ 4 days in July for 2nd - 5th graders
- Wilderness Canoe Base Family Camp ~ Dates coming soon
- Camp WAPO Family Camp ~ June 5-7 and August 14-16, Registration opens January 15. Two options, both led by camp staff.
- Wapo One Day ~ August 5. 1st-4th graders try camp for a day, during Resurrection’s week at camp, Registration opens January 15.
- SEEDS Weekend at WAPO ~ Students completing grades 2 and 3 ~ July 31-August 2, Registration open January 15.
- Youth Camp at WAPO ~ Students completing grades 4 and older ~ August 2-7, Registration opens January 15.