As faith outfitters, we strive to equip children with friends in God's family, adventures in God’s word, images of God’s love, trust in God’s promises, and hearts and hands for God’s world.
Children and family ministry includes Sunday School, faith milestones, summer camps and family-friendly service options. For information, contact Marie Baker at email@example.com.
Children and Family Current Events
Walk with your child/children through faith milestones. We offer several half-day workshops for parents and children including communion preparation, Bible exploration, and much more. See "current events" above for details or to register.
- Prayers & PJs – January
K-2nd grade children, with a parent, enjoy a few prayer stations and take home a new SPARK Psalm book
- Trek to the Table – March
Spring parent-child workshop for 3rd-4th graders before receiving first communion
- SPARK Bible Presentation – Spring
Gift of a preschool story Bible to families with 3-5 year olds
- Hunt for Easter – Spring
Area scavenger hunt, to member homes, for families to work through the stories of Holy Week
- Bible Expedition ~ November (Bible Expedition II ~ Winter)
Fun parent-child evening of learning stations, finishing with 3rd-4th graders selecting a new Bible
- ADVENTure ~ December 1
Family dinner, crafts, and devotional time to help children observe Advent at home
Camps and Retreats
Options range from our Vacation Bible Adventure and 4-Square day camp to offsite weekend and weeklong summer camps for students (2nd through 12th grade), families and intergenerational groups.
- ROAR Vacation Bible Adventure ~ June 10-13, with Family Night Fun on June 13
- 4-Square Day Camp ~ 4 days in July for 2nd - 5th graders
- Wilderness Canoe Base Family Camp ~ July 18-21 New in 2019!
- Camp WAPO Family Camp ~ July 19-21 and August 9-11 Two options, both led by camp staff.
- Wapo One Day ~ July 31. 1st-4th graders try camp for a day, during Resurrection’s week at camp.
- SEEDS Weekend at WAPO ~ Students completing grades 2 and 3 ~ July 26-28
- Youth Camp at WAPO ~ Students completing grades 4 and older ~ July 28-August 2
- Guided Hands Puppet Camp ~ Students 5th grade or older in the fall ~ August 12-15