Faith Outfitters names our children's ministry, because that is who we are called to be for all children. As faith outfitters, we strive to equip children with:
- Friends in God’s family
- Adventures in God’s word
- Images of God’s love
- Trust in God’s promises
- Hearts and Hands for God’s world.
Children and family ministry includes Sunday School, a summer Vacation Bible Adventure, and summer camps. We offer many family events around faith milestones such as communion preparation, Bible learning activities, and programs related to the church year. Family-friendly service options are scheduled regularly.
Children and Family Current Events
Walk with your child/children through faith milestones. We offer several half-day workshops for parents and children including communion preparation, Bible exploration, and much more. See "current events" above for details or to register.
- Prayers & PJs – January
K-2nd grade children, with a parent, enjoy a few prayer stations and take home a new SPARK Psalm book
- Trek to the Table – March
Spring parent-child workshop for 3rd-4th graders before receiving first communion
- SPARK Bible Presentation – Spring
Gift of a preschool story Bible to families with 3-5 year olds
- Hunt for Easter – Spring
Area scavenger hunt, to member homes, for families to work through the stories of Holy Week
- Bible Expedition ~ November (Bible Expedition II ~ Winter)
Fun parent-child evening of learning stations, finishing with 3rd-4th graders selecting a new Bible
- ADVENTure ~ December 1
Family dinner, crafts, and devotional time to help children observe Advent at home
Camps and Retreats
Options range from our Vacation Bible Adventure and 4-Square day camp to offsite weekend and weeklong summer camps for students (2nd through 12th grade), families and intergenerational groups.
- ROAR Vacation Bible Adventure ~ June 10-13, with Family Night Fun on June 13
- 4-Square Day Camp ~ 4 days in July for 2nd - 5th graders
- Wilderness Canoe Base Family Camp ~ July 18-21 New in 2019!
- Camp WAPO Family Camp ~ July 19-21 and August 9-11 Two options, both led by camp staff.
- Wapo One Day ~ July 31. 1st-4th graders try camp for a day, during Resurrection’s week at camp.
- SEEDS Weekend at WAPO ~ Students completing grades 2 and 3 ~ July 26-28
- Youth Camp at WAPO ~ Students completing grades 4 and older ~ July 28-August 2